T'was the week before Christmas, as we headed out, to see our family up north... Okay enough of that, it would take me all night to rhyme this whole thing!
We got to go visit Chris' family in Idaho the week before Christmas,
we love going to visit our Idaho family...
Especially Dempsey
Especially Dempsey when they close the freeway down creating a 3 hour delay
So needless to say the drive up was rather stressful, and we were all happy to arrive!
Every year growing up my amazing mother made each of her seven daughters matching Christmas dresses. So I decided to make (or to attempt) Dempsey's Christmas dress.
Let's just say I barely finished it, (mostly thanks to my mom) and in the process I learned how much I took for granted our Christmas dresses every year. I remember going to sleep everynight through the months of Nov. thru Dec. listening to the hum of my mom's sewing machine. My amazing mother dear gave so much hard work and sacrifice so that we could all have new Christmas (and Easter) dresses. This might not sound like alot, but after making 1 Christmas dress, I am so filled of gratitude for my mom, and all she did for me growing up
I Love you mom.
So this is a picture of the finished product. Sorry it's kinda blurry
I took about 400 pictures in Idaho but their all on my mother-in-law's camera sowhen I get them I'll post some.
We came home Christmas Eve
We came home Christmas Eve
Dempsey loved Christmas morning, she loved her toys, it was so cute to watch her play with them. She loved eating the wrapping paper too!














1 comment:
How fun it looks like you guys had a good Christmas.
Post a Comment