Tuesday, January 6, 2009

As I rock my sweet baby to sleep tonight
I cry
My heart aches
For another mother
Who Rocked her sweet baby for the last time today

He is perfect,
happy, and in a better place
Free
from sorrow and pain
He has wings
to FLY

Still
It doesn't seem fair
So for now
I cry and Ache for his mother

Our thoughts and Prayers are with you
Katie and Jason
We love you.

5 comments:

Nichole Burdett said...

that is so sweet. That was one of the saddest things. I can't imagine going through that.

jacksonhaleywarrenandhaus said...

You are so sweet. I did too feel so gratful when I put my babes to bed tonight.

Ashley, Cory and Cash too!!! said...

Wow, you just made me cry! You are such a cute Mom. It really doesnt seem fair. We just have to have alot of faith that there was somewhere else he needed to be. Your the best!

Rebecca said...

That was the sweetest poem, you made me tear up, how sad. The baby must have just needed a body and that is what the parents gave him, he/she is in a better place now. That would be an extremely hard thing to go through. Thanks for the poem Tiff, your so sweet

The Carter Family said...

That is an amazing poem. I wish I was that good with words, but I felt the exact same that night. So grateful to hold my babies!