This years Forth Of July was an Extravaganza
Not only was it a 3 day Event, since we blessed Kapp and had family in town it seemed like we tried to fit as many activites as we could into a 72 hour period
But it was great!
I Love the Fourth
It is a great opportunity to celebrate our freedom and the beautiful country that we live in!
We are PROUD to be Americans!
The 3rd
This year we stared off early, 5:30 am to be exact, and headed down to the Balloon Festival in Provo
I haven't been to this since I was little, so I wasn't sure what it would be like
Our poor kids, drug out of thier beds before the sun comes out, and stuck in a one person stroller
(sad they don't fit like this anymore)
I was wearing a hat, Chris was wearing a hat, so Dempsey wanted a hat
I am so glad we went, it was definately worth the early rise
Even though it was too windy so only a couple of the balloons were able to launch, it was so neat to be so close to all these balloons. You could literally touch them
While we were waiting for the balloons to go up, they had this nice all you can eat pancake breakfast, put on by the Kiwanis Club, I think this was Chris' favorite part ~wink
Gotta Love her bed head!
It was a site to behold.
We will definately be doing this next year and years to come
Dempseys favorite- the pig
We spent that day at the zoo with the Nukaya's. I didn't take my camera -dumb- so no pics there,
but we all went to eat at MiMi's Cafe for dinner
Then we went with my family to watch the fireworks,
and make homemade ice cream
Brent came along for the ride
The Whole Shabang
Chris working on his Ice Cream
Here is one picture of me to prove that I was there ~wink
The 4th
After Kapps wonderful blessing, we came home and set off a few fireworks.
My Favorite- Snakes
Dempseys Favorite- Sparklers
Chris Favorite- Dodging the malfunctioning fountains
Can't get enough of this girl
The 5th
We started out with the Freedom Run
Celeste was my running partner in the 5K. I have to say she is a fabulous running partner, she kept me laughing and kept me running, just trying to keep up with those never-ending long legs~wink
She totally could have done the 10K, but she was nice enough to stay behind with me!
Chris, Rashelle, Camille
The 10K Runners
The Grand Parade
Kapps Freedom Outfit-
Especially notice his amazing tee shirt that Rashelle and I sewed!!
Yes you know you all wish you could make shirts as cool as ours, you should have seen Gavins shirt- that was one for the books~ wink
Come on do they come any cuter than these two?
I think not
Our Family
My beautiful Mother
I didn't get any pics with Kapp and my mom at the blessing so we took some the next day
I just love this picture
And a perfect day couldn't have ended any other way than with Sparkers!
You might be asking yourself, What are the perfect shoes to do Sparklers in?
Red Polka Dot Galoshes
She's our little Firework!



3 comments:
The close-up picture of Kapp looks so much like you and your mom! So cute! Looks like a fun 4th of July for your family!
I love seeing all of your fun picts and I love her poka dot boots
Sounds like you guys had a great celebration, sorry this comment is so long after! I love all the pictures, you were MIA for a while, glad to see you updating with lots of pics. BTW did you ever take a photography class or did you just figure your camera out on your own? And what kind did you get?
Also, you and Chris make some freaking adorable babies!!
Post a Comment