Ever since we've been married, Chris has been trying to get me to go camping. And ever since we've been married I have been able to avoid going camping. So finally 3 years later, I finally gave in. We needed and vacation but I don't call camping a vacation because it is so much WORK. Nevertheless, we packed up our car, and headed up to Kilgore, Idaho.
Lucky for us, Chris' grandparents let us take their trailor.
I was relieved because we were safe from all the Bears
Lucky for us, Chris' grandparents let us take their trailor.I was relieved because we were safe from all the Bears
As soon as we got up there and set up, I remembered what I had forgotten about camping; How nice it is to get away from everything, and just relax in the Beautiful wilderness.
Our Happy Little Camper
Dempsey loved sitting in the fold up chairs and she loved the fire
Day 2:Wake up
Play in Dirt
And this was pretty much Dempsey's routine for the rest of the trip. She even found this lovely little hole that was perfectly her size to sit it while she played with the dirt.
We mostly relaxed during the morning
We forgot to bring Dempsey's little chair,
We mostly relaxed during the morning
We forgot to bring Dempsey's little chair, so Chris,being the boy scout his is, constructed this little chair out of his tacklebox.
It was the perfect height.
We learned on this trip that Caterpillars can fly!

We learned on this trip that Caterpillars can fly! Well it seemed like they were flying, they would weave a little web and come down from the trees and it looked like they were flying.
That afternoon we got some lovely visitors, Grandma Nukaya and Taylor
Chris and Taylor hit the stream first thing
That afternoon we got some lovely visitors, Grandma Nukaya and Taylor
Chris and Taylor hit the stream first thingWhat a lovely pair
Chris and Taylor cooking dinner
It was nice for Dempsey to spend some time with Grandma,
Chris and Taylor cooking dinner
It was nice for Dempsey to spend some time with Grandma, since she doesn't get to see her very often.
Day 3:
Day 3:Hike to Aldous Lake
Catch us some Dinner
Well it didn't happen exactly like that, but we did hike
The Hikers
Some of us Hiked, while others slept
But we eventually made it and it was gorgeous!!
We fished
Got Snagged
And watched for frogs and tadpoles
but Sadly we went home empty handed
The Hikers
Some of us Hiked, while others slept
But we eventually made it and it was gorgeous!!
We fished
Got Snagged
And watched for frogs and tadpoles
but Sadly we went home empty handedHowever,
Lucky for us, Grandpa Nukaya came to visit that night
Day 4:

Day 4:
Relax, Relax, Relax
and of course fish
We had this cute little stream next to our camp and so we'd catch these little brookie trout. They were so cute, only 4 inches long, and they would bite like crazy. I don't know why but it was so fun catching them. Dempsey loved touching them and holding the little fishies.
We had this cute little stream next to our camp and so we'd catch these little brookie trout. They were so cute, only 4 inches long, and they would bite like crazy. I don't know why but it was so fun catching them. Dempsey loved touching them and holding the little fishies.
Uncle Taylor found this little net by the stream
and Dempsey loved sifting the dirt through it.

She was quite the helper, firewood and all
A wierd thing happened on this trip, I'm not sure if it was the fresh air or what but Dempsey actually gained somewhat of an appetite. She has always been a little bird eater, not having more than 5-6 bites of dinner. But up there she ate a TON. We are talking plate fulls of food. It was crazy! And ever since we got home, she's still eating.
This is what we ate the last night,

She was quite the helper, firewood and all
A wierd thing happened on this trip, I'm not sure if it was the fresh air or what but Dempsey actually gained somewhat of an appetite. She has always been a little bird eater, not having more than 5-6 bites of dinner. But up there she ate a TON. We are talking plate fulls of food. It was crazy! And ever since we got home, she's still eating.
This is what we ate the last night,Dutch Oven Pizza
It was so good and so easy, this will definately be a tradition
The only thing that was hard was getting Dempsey to sleep at night
She had the whole bed downstairs to herself, and once we got her to sleep she slept great....
It was just the "getting her to sleep" part that was hard
Next time we will definately be taking the pack and play
All in all it was a great trip, we are now an official Camping Family!!

It was just the "getting her to sleep" part that was hard
Next time we will definately be taking the pack and play
All in all it was a great trip, we are now an official Camping Family!!

See ya next year



4 comments:
Are you kidding me, I swear there is nothing cuter than her. The best part is her personality is shines through each picture. Gosh I just want to give her a squeeze.
Looks like you had a great time and you sure do have a cute little camper there!
love you guys! Lauralyn
Looks like so much fun!! Glad you went! I always feel like that too... Never want to go cause it's so much work and then end up LOVING every minute of it and can't wait to plan the next one!! Love you girl. and miss you!! Dempsey's hair is getting so light, I can't believe it, she is a doll.
What fun - I love the beautiful outdoors - but just not enough to do all the work to go camping! Cute pictures!
Post a Comment